Thursday, January 28, 2010

Proceedings of the 1st Annual FPCS- FREE!

For all of you fans of paleontology methods (and if you are interested in any aspect of paleontology, this should be you), the following should be right up your alley.

After much anticipation, Methods in Paleontology: Proceedings of the First Annual Fossil Preparation and Collections Symposium, edited by M.A. Brown, J.F. Kane, and W. G. Parker, 2009, is finally available for distribution in PDF format. Copyright on all papers is retained by the individual authors, and is made available for free distribution electronically.

I'm proud to see this collection of very good papers finally hit the streets in portable document format, and would like to give everyone involved in the process a big pat on the back, congratulations folks, this is a big step for the field. Thanks to the authors, my co-editors, reviewers, proofreaders, and supporters who kept this project more or less on track over the last two years since the idea to host such a meeting was hatched.

Old timers like me who insist on hard copies can purchase a beautiful printed volume to help fill the prep reference shelves of their bookcase here.



An extra bonus!

The abstract book from the meeting

3 comments:

Maltese said...

Hooray! Now I'll finally be able to cite myself, truly a dream come true.

What type of drinks should be imbibed on an occasion such as this?

Casey said...

I think Figure 2F in Bergwall's paper may have been my prep test. :) Congrats on the edited volume Matt.

iPreparator said...

Anthony, the answer of course is alcoholic drinks.

Thanks Casey. Today also marks the publication of my first JVP paper (and the first of what I hope to be many with Amy Davidson), I think it's going to be a busy year.